St Paul’s Polish Community
ST. PAULS POLISH CHURCH & COMMUNITY CENTRE WAKERLEY RD
As an integral part of Sacred Heart Parish the community of St. Margaret Mary have for many years had a spiritual and social existence serving those parishioners who reside in the eastern side of the parish.
Since November 2003 we have shared facilities of church and social centre with our friends in the Polish community. You may find the following information useful:
- Holy Mass is celebrated every Sunday at 09.45
- On the first Sunday of the month we enjoy refreshments after mass.
- During Lent, on Tuesday Mornings at 10.00am we share the ‘Stations of the Cross’ followed by Holy Mass with the Polish Community (Celebrated in Polish & English)
- Each springtime on a selected Sunday after mass we have a ‘produce sale’ which raises funds for Sacred Heart or a local deserving charity.
- We also get together socially one evening midsummer for an evening country walk and finish off with a meal at a nearby hostelry!
- In October we celebrate the Feast of St. Margaret Mary on the nearest Sunday to the 16th (St Margaret Mary’s Feast Day) with a special Mass in her honour. This is followed by a social gathering with refreshments.
If you would like any more information about St. Margaret Mary’s Community or the Polish community and our place in Sacred Heart Parish, please see below, ‘A Brief History of St. Margaret Mary’s Community’.
For more information about the history of the Polish Community and their association with St. Margaret Mary’s please see below for, ‘The Polish Community & The Church of St. Margaret Mary.’
For our Polish friends, you may also wish to access St Pauls Polish Centre website by clicking the following link leicesterpolonia.co.uk